Goodness...the last time I blogged was in January of 2013. So SO much has changed since then. We are still just a family of four but we now live in a new city in a new state! We are living back in my home state of Virginia. I never thought that would happen, but here we are.
We are still homeschooling and loving every BUSY minute of it. Seems we go go go all the time! Elly is now 8 and Samuel is 6. The kids stay very busy with American Heritage Girls (Elly) and Trail Life USA (Samuel), home school gymnastics, home school pe, and numerous home school parties and field trips thrown in just for good measure...or is it so we can say our children are "socialized!" In addition, we love Love LOVE our church here and that keeps us busy too! Life is busy, but good busy!
We have a new four legged friend now...Henry. He is a 4 month old English Labrador Retriever. He is a very light shade of yellow and...a handful! This will definitely be our last puppy. There have been MANY times I have considered giving him to the the first person that knocked on our door, but we are sticking it out for the kids! They are in love with Henry and no matter how many times he bites them, he still loves them!
And for the reason I am starting to blog again...we are hoping to adopt our third child (second adoption) sometime in the near future! You read that right...adopting again! As you all know, we adopted Elly in 2008. She was a blessing straight from God and fulfilled all of our desire to become parents. We truly thought after Elly came along that she would be an only child. However, God had different plans in the works that we had NO idea about. We found out when Elly was 10 months old that I was pregnant with Samuel. Biggest surprise of our lives. He was a miracle because we truly thought I could not get pregnant. Samuel opened our thoughts to our family being more than just an only child family. Tim and I were open to the Lord bringing another little one into our family through me getting pregnant again, but that just has not happened. All the while, I have always felt a strong passion about adoption and even to adopt again. Several times I have mentioned to Tim that I did not think our family was complete. I continued to pray that God would give Tim the same desire I have but each time Tim has always said "no, we cannot afford to adopt again...where will we get the money!?" This week I looked at him and said "God can do it! Why do we limit Him? He already owns it all!" So...here we are...in the VERY beginning stages of adopting INTERNATIONALLY this time! Elly was a "domestic" adoption because she was born here in the states...this time we are feeling called to international adoption!
Where are you thinking of adopting from? What country? Drum roll please...INDIA!
India...what...how did you come up with that?!? Let me tell you a story. One year ago, the kids and I went on a field trip to a local fire station. I met someone new there and we started talking about adoption. I can only imagine that I had on one of my MANY adoption shirts which must have sparked the conversation. We talked about Elly being adopted and how her family was in the process to adopt. I remember thinking that day that I needed to look into the agency she was using and into the program because she was adopting from India. You see, my parents have all my life supported through prayer and by giving money to the All India Prayer Fellowship. So, when she said India, it sparked my interest. I remember now going home and looking it up but not doing anything else. There was NO way Tim would be on board. Fast forward to Wednesday of this past week. God sparked in my heart again the urgency to adopt. I started looking into China and asked a friend who had recently adopted from China to give me some information on her agency. In addition, I reached out to another friend (Amy) who is currently waiting to go and pick up her daughter from India. I asked her information about her agency. I heard back from her on Thursday and she said that she would get back to me later that day with some information the the agency they are using, etc. We had a field trip to tour the local newspaper here on Thursday afternoon so that kept my mind occupied while I anxiously awaited responses from my friends. While we were waiting for the field trip to start, someone came up to me and introduced herself as Jessica. She told me she thought we met before. Come find out it was the lady I had met at the fire station a year ago. I began to remember the conversation we had then. Jessica is in the final stages of bringing home her daughter from India. I thought...hmmm...interesting...I just asked Amy about India. I continued to probe her in what little time I had about information about her agency etc. She told me who they were using and also gave me the name of her contact at the agency. She told me it was a small agency but she would HIGHLY recommend it. There are lots of bigger agencies but they went with this small agency out of Alabama. Later that day Amy got back to me and sent me the name of the agency they are using and the contact at the agency. When I read the agency name, I laughed and thought "isn't that just like you God?!?" Amy and Jessica are using the exact same agency and have the same case worker! Coincidence? I think not...God-incident! I could feel God tugging on my heart even more at this point to adopt from India.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment