Sunday, October 23, 2011

Come quickly...

Some days the words of my heart are only "Come quickly, Lord Jesus, COME QUICKLY."  Today was one of those days.  My spirit was just not at rest.  So many things let me down today, but one thing did not...the Lord!  Sometimes when I think of the Lord coming back I get so excited.  The thoughts of seeing loved ones who have gone before me...the thought of the blind seeing again...the thought of the lame walking again...the thought of the deaf hearing again...the thought of a sweet little girl who was adopted by a friend who is blind and does not speak becoming whole and NEW...of her looking at her Mommy and Daddy for the first time and saying I love you (right after she praises her Heavenly Father)!  Mmmm....makes me long for my home.

People let me down today.  That is hard for me because I put a lot of trust and faith in people.  As I listened to people gossip about others today (which I should have stopped from happening) and as I thought about what those same people say about me when I am not there...and I heard stories of the vanity of fellow Christians...I was heartbroken.  How are we as Christian going to be set apart?!?  What makes others look at us and say "I want that?!?"  I want others to overhear me talking and say...I want that!  I want others to see what I do and say...I want that!  I want others to look at my interaction with my children and say...I want that!  I want others to look at me, only to see Christ and say...I want that! As the psalmist declares: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. (19:14)

No comments: